- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 red onions, diced small
- 6 tablespoons fresh garlic fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
- 4 whole red habeneros (deveined, deseeded and chopped)
- 6 jalepenos (deveined, deseeded and chopped)
- 1/3 lb. fine chopped HOJ Black Pepper Buffalo Jerky
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 20 oz. Guinness beer
- 6 oz sundried tomato paste
- 16 oz tomato sauce, home made is best, jarred can be substituted
- 9 cups cooked black beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground buffalo
- 1 pound ground pork
- Kosher salt to taste
Saute the onions, ginger and garlic in the olive oil in a large pot until translucent.
Add in the fresh herbs, the hot peppers, the jerky, the brown sugar and dry spices and sauté for about a minute.
Add in the beer, sundried tomato paste and tomato sauce.
Add in the black beans.
In a separate sauté pan, sauté individually the ground beef, buffalo and pork and then drain the liquid out of the cooked meat.
Add the ground meat to the vegetable, jerky and bean mixture and simmer on low for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Season to taste with Kosher salt
Serve with shredded cheddar and small diced red onions