Makes 2 8 in square or 2 2 qt baking dish pans
- 1 1/2 stick (12 tablespoons) butter
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 4 cups blueberries (about 11 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In the baking dish melt the butter. Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg and stir in sugar until combined well. Add milk and whisk batter until it is just combined. Pour batter into melted butter; do not stir. Pour berries and chocolate chips into center of batter; do not stir. Bake cobbler in middle of oven 40 minutes, or until cake portion is golden and berries exude juices.
- Serve cobbler warm or at room temperature with whipped cream