- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar unpacked
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- 4 oz. Banana schnapps
- 4 2/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup fine chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup fine diced chopped dried pineapple
- ¼ cup fine diced chopped dried mango
- ¼ cup fine diced dried banana
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, Banana schnapps and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Fold in dried fruit. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Melt over low heat 1 cup apricot jam with 4 oz. Banana schnapps and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Let cool slightly, spoon heavily over the top of banana loaves and let cool.
Yield 2 loaves