Serves 12-16 depending on ramekin size
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 16 ripe peaches or apples cut into thinly sliced segments
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tea cinnamon
- 1 tea nutmeg
- 1/2 tea ground mace
- 2 tble cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (reserve 1 tble butter for glazing)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tble pure vanilla
- 1/4 cups orange zest
- 2 tble fresh grated ginger
- 2 1/3 cup AP flour
- 2 tea kosher salt
- 4 tea baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peaches/apples and blueberries in a bowl.
- Mix together sugar, dry spices and cornstarch.
- Toss fruit with the sugar mix and set aside.
- Whish together the eggs, the melted butter, ginger, orange zest and the cream in a bowl.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients, and pour egg mixture into well.
- Mix by hand, incorporating just until ingredients are mixed and form a loose dough.
- Divide the fruit between individual ramekins.
- Pat in dough mixture just to cover the tops of the ramekins.
- Brush tops with remaining butter.
- Bake until crust golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Serve hot, with ice cream or whipped cream