Hello again Lovely Innkeepers!
I hope all of you have gotten through the Hurricane unscathed. Thoughts, prayers and future fully booked rooms I hope are in your future for those affected. There are lots of resources out there to help recovery if needed as well as the support of other B&Bs.
A few resources out there to got to for help:
- FEMA: http://www.fema.gov/apply-assistance
- HUD Disaster Resources http://www.hud.gov/info/disasterresources_dev.cfm
- SBA Disaster Assistance http://www.sba.gov/content/disaster-assistance
- IRS Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesseshttp://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Disaster-Assistance-and-Emergency-Relief-for-Individuals-and-Businesses-1
- Online Questionnaire and Application For Assistance:
On the regular front: I came across this site yesterday and found it interesting. While you can’t search for your property, it gives a detailed list of all the review sites out there in the travel industry and some additional information including whether a management response is available and more information about where to go to access that information.http://reviewsites.olery.com/
The Olery Review Sites Database is a complete database of all the known review sites in the international online travel industry. It includes data on the number of reviews, statistics on visitors, type of reviews, if and how to respond to reviews and much more… all in one place.
And for a giggle: courtesy of an innkeeper in the Northeast that had to deal with a snarky guest canceling their reservation.
Recent Blog Posts From our Blog that may be of interest to innkeepers:
- Bed and Breakfasts, Social Media and Natural Disasters
- Tripadvisors’ Facebook Fan Page Review App
- Bed and Breakfasts and the local Patch
- Facebook, Edgerank and Bed and Breakfasts
- Guest post from Deanna Morauski who will be featured on the Live Well Network this month!
Forfeng’s Favorite Posts of the Past Month
- Mixed Reviews – Three Tips on How to Respond
- Hoteliers need to start using Tripadvisor Forums (or) Hotels are the new Destination Experts
- How Often Should You Change Your Twitter Photo?
- Facebook tests Timeline layout with single column of posts
- 5 Facebook Marketing Resources You Didn’t Know About
- 25 Facebook tips every social media manager needs
- 30 ways to promote your blog posts
- How to Get More Pinterest Exposure With Less Work
- How to Attract Customers With Pinterest
- 26 Tips for Using Pinterest for Business
- Announcing Blocking & More Controls Pinterest
- 5 Things Businesses Need To Know About Apple Maps Right Now
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Social Media
- How To Use The Internet When The Internet Is Gone
- Google Launches Disavow Links Tool
**If you have been forwarded this newsletter by a friend or have gotten here by other means and you would like to subscribe to the newsletter, please visit
(the newsletter is a double opt in, so please make sure you confirm your subscription
when you get a follow up email about it)
or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you would like to use.