- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 tsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
- Whisk Ingredients well until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick crepe pan on medium to high heat.
- Spray surface with cooking spray when pan is hot.
- Using a 4 oz ladle, ladle batter into the pan and swirl until batter is spread thin.
- Cook crepes over medium to high heat (medium if you are using gas, high if you are using electric) Once you see a few bubbles forming on the top of the crepe, use a heat resist plastic spatula to flip the crepe over.
- After both sides are cooked, layer around an overturned soup bowl and let cool.
Yields 15-20 7 inch crepes.
Honey, Frangelico and Marscapone Filling Ingredients:
- 4 Cups Marscapone
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- 2 Tbs. Frangelico
- 1 tea. Kosher Salt
- Orange zest optional
Whip Marscapone, Honey and Frangelico together for 3-5 minutes on medium to high speed until well incorporated, Refrigerate until needed.
Frangelico Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients:
- 10 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 6.5 oz. Good Quality Dark Cooking Chocolate like Callebaut or Valrhona, finely chopped or very very small chips
- 1/3 cup Frangelico Liqueur
- Combine the heavy cream, chocolate and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. If you prefer, you can use a double boiler.
- Stir in the liqueur and cook for an additional few minutes or until well combined.
- Remove from heat. Let cool slightly. Serve immediately or let cool to room temperate for a thicker sauce.
- Store covered in the refrigerator when well cooled. You may need to warm slightly if chilled to drizzle if sauce is done in advance.
These crepes are good served hot or cold and can be rolled in advance of service. The rolled crepes are best stored on a saran wrapped sheet pan and then topped with saran to prevent crepes edges from drying out.
Lay crepe out and spoon 1/3 cup Marscapone filling and spread, roll up crepe and put on chilled plate, garnish and serve or reheat in a 350 oven for 5-8 minutes until warm. If doing crepes à la minute (to order) reduce oven time, filling tends to get too liquid otherwise.
Drizzle with Frangelico Chocolate sauce and garnish with seasonal fresh fruit to serve.
Whipped cream and toasted chopped hazelnuts are also optional.
Frangelico marinated strawberries with orange zest also makes a delicious alternative garnish (marinate strawberries overnight in liquor and zest).
*Photograph and Recipe credit Heather Turner
**Photo credit location at The Glynn House Inn, Ashland, NH