Claim your user name for your business at https://www.facebook.com/username/ You must have 25 fans before you can claim the name (keep in mind this also gives you the ability to give your “personal” profile a unique username. Once it’s set, you can’t change it, so make sure your FAN page is selected as the one to “name”.
Google+ For Personal https://plus.google.com/
Blogging Specific Links (Free)
- Blogger http://www.blogger.com/
- WordPress http://www.wordpress.com, there is an installed version at http://www.wordpress.org that can replace a website as well but requires hosting
- Tumblr http://www.tumblr.com/
CutePDF (create PDFs from any type of document or file) – FREE http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp Make sure you download both the file and the converter. The converter will show up as a Gray G on your desktop; make sure you install it first, or the program may not run properly.
Print Friendly– turn any webpage into a PDF- FREE http://www.printfriendly.com/
PDF to Word Converter (Free) http://www.pdftoword.com/
PDF Splitter http://www.splitpdf.com/
MS Publisher to PDF (for those who don’t have Publisher, but need to be able to open the file) http://www.publishertopdf.com/
Free PDF Editor & Form Filler http://www.pdfescape.com/ ( a favorite, much easier to use them Adobe Acrobat Writer, plus it’s free!)
FoxyUtlils Merge PDF http://foxyutils.com/mergepdf/ (have a bunch of PDFs to merge, this free program lets you add multiple seperate pages, sort and merge into one)
small pdf PDF Compressor, reduce the file size of any PDF, http://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf
Converter: PDF to Excel or Microsoft Word – limited use by time frame http://www.freepdfconvert.com/convert_pdf_to_source.asp
Teach Parents Tech: http://www.teachparentstech.org/– FREE The folks at Google put this together to help their parents, but I have found the tutorials are great for any age!
WorkFlowy – Organize your brain: https://workflowy.com/ – FREE A way to organize your to do list online
Check for duplicate content online http://www.copyscape.com
Check for similarities in online content http://www.diffnow.com/
Convert images from RGB to the CMYK color space http://www.rgb2cmyk.org/
The Complete Social Media Dictionary http://topdogsocialmedia.com/social-media-dictionary/
Free photo editors – lets you edit all your photos online, from one easy place. If you don’t have a desktop photo editor these are great.
- https://www.canva.com/ ** (has social media templates for images and banners)
Image editing (advanced) these are downloadable programs that are opensource
ThinkFree http://member.thinkfree.com Save online access and edit anywhere
Online Diagram Creation (Free) http://www.gliffy.com/
Pressitt http://pressitt.com/ A free user-friendly Social Media News Release (SMNR) service.
Mobile and Smart Phone Preview sites (please be aware they are not 100% accurate) As well as multi browser preview
Nutshell Mail: http://nutshellmail.com/– FREE
NutshellMail from Constant Contact tracks your brand’s social media activity and delivers a summary to your email inbox on your schedule. A terrific tool for keeping track of your social media.
EverNote: http://www.evernote.com/ -the free version does quite a bit.
“Remember everything, capture anything, access anywhere, find things fast.” Very useful if you come across interesting things on the internet and want to keep searchable track of it, as well as other uses as well.
Foxit Reader: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/– a quicker PDF reader- FREE
Faststone Photo Resizer: http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm – FREE
A great application for mass resizing photos, works quicken then Photoshop, and you can also custom watermark them as well as add borders.
Photo Resizer Instructions for Mac with Preview http://www.tiptrickmod.com/mac/why-preview-is-the-best-batch-photo-resizer-for-mac/
Video file converter http://video.online-convert.com/– FREE
File Sending Services– FREE
File Hosting and Sending Services– FREE
Twitter Specific Links
- Twitterfeed: feed your blog into twitter and Facebook http://twitterfeed.com/
- Twitter search and advanced twitter search: https://twitter.com/search-home and https://twitter.com/search-advanced
- Tweetdeck twitter applications, you can use them to also update Facebook, Myspace and Linked-in http://www.tweetdeck.com/
- Hootsuite: update multiple twitter accounts and pre-schedule tweets http://hootsuite.com/
- SocialOomph: pre-schedule tweets, set up keyword alerts by email, the pro version has more options for scheduling posts to other networks as well http://www.socialoomph.com/
- Friend or Follow: An easy way of finding out who is following you, and who you are following who is not following you back http://friendorfollow.com
- Twellow: a good twitter person/business directory http://www.twellow.com/
- Twitwall: extend the length of your twitter post http://twitwall.com
- Buffer: http://bufferapp.com/ a tweet scheduler, up to 10 scheduled tweets free at a time, there is paid version as well.
- TweepsMap http://tweepsmap.com/ TweepsMap provides a visual, interactive map of your Twitter followers by country, state or city.
Facebook Specific Links
Facebook Lists https://www.facebook.com/help/135312293276793/
Favorite Facebook App: woobox http://woobox.com/
Hyper Alerts: http://www.hyperalerts.no/ – FREE
Hyper Alerts is a feature for everybody who wants email reports of posts and comments on a Facebook Page. You don’t have to be an administrator of the page to get email alerts, and you can have as many subscriptions as you want. You can get the alerts within minutes, or a digest every hour, day, week or month.
Social Media News and New Developments, sign up for the free newsletters
Social Media Publishing Feeds:
- Twitterfeed: http://twitterfeed.com/ feed your blog into twitter and Facebook
- Networked Blogs: https://www.facebook.com/networkedblogs Blog to Facebook
- RSS Graffiti: https://www.facebook.com/RSS.Graffiti Blog to Facebook
- Facebook to twitter: https://www.facebook.com/twitter/
- Twitter to Facebook: https://apps.facebook.com/twitter/
How to email/text to Facebook: Facebook Fan Page: go to your Fan page, at the top right go to “edit page”, then on the left to “mobile”, near the top it will say “With Mobile Email” to the right of that click “learn more” At the screen that pops up ” Send the upload email for my page to me now.” Click on “Okay” this will email you an email address that you can post updates to Facebook by mobile text or directly by email.
How to text to Twitter: Mobile apps available at https://twitter.com/#!/download
How to text to WordPress.com: In your dashboard go to “Settings” then “Text Messaging” and it will send a code to your mobile phone.
How to email to WordPress.com: In your dashboard go to “Your Blogs” and then you will see a button to the right that says enable Email to post, Clicking this will create an address to email to. The Subject Line of your email with become the post title and the email content will become the post content.
How to email/text to Blogger.com: In your dashboard, go to the “settings” tab and then to Mobile and Email, this will give you the ability to add a mobile device as well as create a unique email address to email posts to. The Subject Line of your email with become the post title and the email content will become the post content.